This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Fullstack Developer(Java/Ruby)
Our Client helps retail clients accelerate innovation and growth. Through data, they focus on disruption at the intersection of retail and technology – and help their customers understand what it means for their business.
They are looking for a Senior Fullstack Java/Ruby Software Developer to join their software engineering team. This is a full-time remote opportunity.
- You’re obsessed with creating scalable applications using Java, Ruby
- You take pride in the quality and thoughtfulness of your code, which is modular, flexible, well designed, and documented
- Peer code reviews are your preferred way to collaborate and learn the system
- You proactively seek out and help minimize pain points within the infrastructure and codebase
- You stay abreast of the latest technologies and share what you learn with others.
- You are not afraid of failing while experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and tools
- You are fascinated by other cultures and interested in building strong relationships with team members across the globe.
- Lead a small team to design and deploy data-centric platform
- Own recommendation and decision for choosing technology stack for backed and front-end
- Greatly expand and enhance our current web and server infrastructure
- Act as a technical lead for complex backend services
- Work closely with product management on understanding requirements and translating them into technical solutions
- Jump in and solve complex technical problems and design issues
- Drive adoption of advanced cloud-based features and capabilities where it makes sense
- Drive CI/CD capabilities to achieve continuous deployment
- Lead code management implementation with Git (GitLab) and bug tracking with Jira
- Help lead the design, implementation, and deployment of new features to improve the speed and functionality of our web applications
- 4+ years’ experience designing and delivering scalable full-stack web solutions
- Experience developing for cloud services such, Azure preferred, GCP, or AWS are acceptable
- Expert-level knowledge of ORM using any of the following databases: MS SQL Server, Cassandra, PostgreSQL
- Experience with REST API development
- Experience with web frameworks such as Django or Ruby on Rails
- Ability to deliver production Python and Java code
- Expertise with front-end frameworks like AngularJS is highly desired
- Working knowledge of responsive design principles
- Excellent teamwork and communication
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a similar field preferred
- Web Platforms: LAMP, SOAP, REST, JSON, PHP, Java, Apache, HTML5, Java Scripting, Ruby on Rails
- Databases: MySQL, SQL Server- Specialty positions: Hadoop, Azure, Cassandra, PostgreSQL
Your application has been successfully submitted.