Head, Finance and Accounts
Abuja Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
Our client is a media, publications, and communications firm. They have dominated the press, newspaper industry for over two decades.
They are looking to add a seasoned Accountant to head their accounts/finance team.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the finance and accounting divisions and for ensuring that the company’s financial reports are accurate and completed in a timely manner. The position is process-driven, particularly for tasks such as preparing financial statements, budget reports, forecasts, cost analysis reports, profit or loss statements, as well as making recommendations for spending or cost cuts.
- Driving the company's financial planning
- Performing risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Deciding on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risk and advising management on consequences
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Supervise all finance personnel (controllers, treasurers, etc.)
- Manage vendor relationships to protect the interest of the company
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system to standardize records and financial performance
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Manage a team of financial controllers and financial analysts.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Presents investment opportunities and related analysis while pitching proposed course of action in meetings with management
- Manage, supervise and/or prepare timely and accurate financial and accounting reports for the group.
- Ensure the deployment and adherence to Folio Group Accounting processes and procedures.
- Revenue tracking for all the subsidiaries.
- Shared services support to subsidiaries in finance-related matters.
- Shared services and support to subsidiaries in account matters.
- Audit (Internal).
- Procurement/process monitoring.
- Financial regulation/Tax matters group-wide.
- Financial report and audited accounts of the group
- Chartered Financial Analyst, ACA or ACCA Qualification
- 5 years with a track record in this role
- Strong financial, accounting, and managerial skills
- Strong ability to implement and monitor internal controls
- Creative reporting capability
- Team manager and player
- Good communicator, planner, and organizer
- Effective project management skills
- Strategic finance and tax planning
- Sage Evolution ERP
- Quickbooks, Pastel, and other accounting tools and systems
- Powerpoint & Excel
- Have a deep desire to work in the media industry and be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment
- Confident and pleasant
- A tech-savvy and knowledgeable of current trends
- Loves challenges
Your application has been successfully submitted.