The role is a key to administration of overall business. You as a part of management team needs to oversee daily business activities, improving overall business functions, training heads of departments, managing budgets, developing strategic plans, creating policies, and communicating business goals
● Oversee all in-market operations, taking ownership for the business’s overall performance in Nigeria. Assess progress and report budgets, sales, growth, new business leads and regulatory compliance.
● Develop and implement action plans to improve performance, providing direction and guidance to all within the country, from communications to warehousing, ensuring that all aspects of the business operate smoothly.
● Own financial performance, including full P+L, of your market, while creating plans to improve profitability in both the short and long term
● Drive improvements of key performance indicators (KPIs) such as: Order Picking Time, Riding Time, Order Defect Rate, Product Availability, and Cost Per Order.
● Ensure efficient operations - from HR to food quality assurance - are legally compliant with relevant regulation and the company operates according to the highest ethical standards
● Recruit, hire, lead, and develop a great team.
● 5+ years of leadership experience and scaling teams across departments, preferably with exposure to last-mile logistics and/or retail
● High-growth environment and/or start up experience, ideally with a background of launching, scaling, and operating in Nigeria
● Affinity for using data to make strategic decisions
● An understanding of the grocery / convenience market, and a willingness to disrupt the way it currently operates
● A desire to work in a dynamic environment in a fast startup in Nigeria
● Proficiency in English required
Your application has been successfully submitted.