Head of Compliance
The Head of Compliance will ensure that the Company is compliant with all local laws and regulations while on its journey to create the first mobile bank for emerging markets.
- Ensuring compliance with local law and regulations for all products regarding KYC/AML requirements,
- Ensuring compliance with other 3rd party regulations
- Working with product teams to provide clear recommendations for the dos and dont’s in building and maintaining our lending and banking products.
- Managing licensing processes for the firm,
- Managing other legal matters for the firm in the wider sense as long as falling under compliance,
- Advising the business on any anticipated legal and compliance risks when entering into business arrangements with partners, suppliers, agents, and customers.
- At least 10 years cumulative legal/ compliance experience,
- A significant experience working in fintech (preferably in the lending sector),
- Experience working in private practice in the financial services segment,
- Experience working with KYC/AML requirements in Nigeria,
- Experience working with regulators, especially CBN,
- Legal experience in drafting and managing contracts.
- Qualified to practice in Nigeria is required (LLM is a plus)
Your application has been successfully submitted.