Senior Frontend Engineer
Our client, a leading health-tech company based in Lagos, Nigeria is looking to add a Senior Frontend Developer to join their team.
Their goal is to transform healthcare delivery in Africa. This is a full-time opportunity, in a dynamic and fun workplace environment, a high-growth company that encourages each member of the team to be their best selves recognizes and rewards performance excellence. They also offer flexibility to work from home once a week.
The Senior Frontend Developer is an integral part of their software development team. They use cutting-edge processes and technologies to build scalable, distributed, and fault-tolerant fully-fledged platforms
The Senior Frontend Developer is an integral part of the company’s software development team. They use cutting-edge processes and technologies to build scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant mobile and web-based applications and portals.
In this capacity, the Senior Frontend Developer applies usability principles and procedures as defined by UX/UI input.
We expect you to take and emphasize a consumer-focused approach in building solutions and work with both frontend and backend teams in determining the prioritization and estimation of new features and improvements.
It is your responsibility to build prototypes that meet the project quality standards and requirements and find and addresses performance issues prior to releasing the finished product.
It is also your role to design and review code inclusive of efficient and reusable front-end infrastructure and components. You should have good documentation of common frontend components that save the business time in executing future projects.
User Interface/User Experience:
- The Senior Frontend Developer leads the junior frontend team in building elegant and sophisticated user interfaces. You will interact and engage with consumers/users and involves technical support teams in understanding the needs of the consumer/user, availing insights that ultimately lead to an increased positive impact on consumer experience.
- The Senior Frontend Developer also regularly collaborates with designers, developers, and product owners in order to avail of interactive and scalable solutions. They also collaborate with the user experience teams for the purpose of designing and implementing mobile and web-based applications and portals experience.
- In this collaborative capacity, you will work with junior frontend team members, mentoring them, and guiding them through the proper execution of their tasks. You will work hand-in-hand with backend developers in building features and efficiencies for the realization of the anticipated end product.
In Addition, you will provide technical leadership and documentation to senior engineering leadership and key stakeholders, continuously informing them on progress and important details of projects at key phases of development.
- The Senior Frontend Developer will keep abreast of technology markets and concepts. It is on you to identify and communicate front-end best practices to the team, enhancing efficiency and performance across the department. They research and evaluate new methodologies and technologies that improve the quality, reliability, and performance of the frontend teams’ software development practices.
- A suitable candidate will be consumer-oriented, a team-builder and team player, with an ability to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative position. You should be highly organized with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- People Skills: Ideally, you should be a likable and approachable person who easily builds lasting and meaningful connections with others. They will be a people person who inspires trust and confidence in others who will then readily follow in his insights and directives.
Communication Skills: You should have excellent and effective communication skills, both in written and verbal form
You will also perform other duties as and when required for the proper execution of your duties as assigned by the Head of Engineering, Director Engineering, Chief Technology Officer, or the Employer.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other relevant field. The same practical experience is also acceptable for this position.
- To be eligible for this position, you must have had at least 5 years of working experience in a frontend development department, preferably working in a mid/senior frontend development capacity.
- The candidate will be an exceptionally good coder with sufficient experience with functional programming, as well as vast experience building complex web user interfaces.
- Exposure to health-tech or the health / medical space is an added advantage.
- Proven track record of shipping quality products to consumers and experience in pushing a frontend team forward through new technologies, methodologies, and processes, evolving the business’s culture in order to stay ahead of the curve and offer the business a competitive edge.
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of user interaction and design principles and standards and cross-browser compatibility issues. You should have significant knowledge of visual aesthetic components and elements such as fonts, layout, color, graphics, etc.
Technology Stack: A candidate for this position must be technologically adept. You should be greatly proficient in the following:
Frontend frameworks: React, Angular, or Vue
Web technologies: Bootstrap, RxJS, and Redux
Other technologies: Bootstrap, Laravel, web-sockets, etc.
To excel in this role, you should have an insatiable thirst for knowledge, be open to change, coupled with excellent creative and strategic skills. We take delight in Software engineers with exceptional problem-solving skills and an ability to remain calm and composed in times of uncertainty and stress.
Your application has been successfully submitted.