Senior FullStack Developer
Our client, a leading health-tech company based in Lagos, Nigeria seeks a Senior Full Stack Developer to join their team.
Their goal is to transform healthcare delivery in Africa. This is a full-time opportunity, in a dynamic and fun workplace environment, one which encourages each member of the team to be their best selves recognizes, and rewards performance excellence. They also offer flexibility to work from home once a week.
The Senior Full Stack Developer is an integral part of their software development team. They use cutting-edge processes and technologies to build scalable, distributed, and fault-tolerant fully-fledged platforms.
In this role, the Senior Full Stack Developer approaches software holistically since they cater to both user experience and backend functionality.
- You will take and emphasize a consumer-focused approach in building solutions and work with both the frontend and backend teams in determining the prioritization and estimation of new features and improvements.
- You will also build prototypes that meet the project quality standards/requirements and address performance issues prior to releasing the finished product.
Overall, you will design and review code, inclusive of efficient and reusable front-end and back-end infrastructure and components. We encourage you to imbibe code re-use by documenting common components that save the business time in executing future projects.
User Interface/User Experience:
- The Senior Full Stack Developer also leads the junior full stack team in building elegant and sophisticated user interfaces.
- You will interact and engage with consumers/users and involve technical support teams in understanding the needs of the consumer/user, availing insights that ultimately lead to an increased positive impact on consumer experience.
Backend Functions/APIs Experience:
- You should comfortably design and develop efficient backend functions, APIs, and Gateways that are robust, performant, and can support multi-tenant use.
The senior full-stack developer plays a very collaborative role where he regularly collaborates with designers, developers, and product owners in order to avail of interactive and scalable solutions. They also mentor and guide junior full stack team members; guiding them through the proper execution of their tasks for the realization of the anticipated end product.
- In addition, you will provide technical leadership and documentation to senior engineering leadership and key stakeholders, continuously informing them on progress and important details of projects at key phases of development.
- In this leadership role, you will need effective communication skills both in written and verbal form.
- Our senior full-stack developer will be consumer-oriented, a team-builder, and a team player, with the ability to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative position. He should be highly organized with the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
- The Senior Full Stack Developer will also identify and keep abreast of technology markets and concepts. It is your duty to identify and communicate best practices to the team, enhancing efficiency and performance across the department.
- You will research and evaluate new methodologies and technologies that improve the quality, reliability, and performance of the teams’ software development practices.
- We expect you to be a likable and approachable person who easily builds lasting and meaningful connections with others. You should be a people person who inspires trust and confidence in others who will then readily follow in your insights and directives.
Other Duties: You will also perform other duties as and when required for the proper execution of your duties as delegated by the Head of Engineering, Director Engineering, Chief Technology Officer, or the Employer
- You should have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other relevant field. The same practical experience is also acceptable for this position.
- At least 5 years of working experience preferably working in a mid/Senior Full Stack development capacity.
- You should be an exceptionally good coder with very good experience with functional programming, as well as vast experience building complex user and application interfaces.
- Proven track record of shipping quality products to consumers and experience in pushing a team forward through new technologies, methodologies, and processes, evolving the business’s culture in order to stay ahead of the curve and offer the business a competitive edge.
- Good knowledge of visual aesthetic components and elements such as fonts, layout, color, graphics, etc. You should also be comfortable designing and developing ReSTful and/or GraphQL APIs.
- Exposure to health-tech or the health / medical space is an added advantage.
To excel in this role, you must be technologically adept. We expect proficiency in the following:
- Frontend frameworks: React/ Angular, RxJS, or Vue
- Server-side technologies: NodeJS, Express.js, Nest.js, and any of Python, Java, and .Net
- Database technologies: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Oracle and MongoDB
- Web server technologies: IIS, Apache, or any other
Other technologies and standards: web-sockets, NginX, API Gateway, ReST, GraphQL, etc.
To succeed in this role, you should have an insatiable thirst for knowledge, be open to change, have excellent creative and strategic skills, have exceptional problem-solving skills, and have an ability to remain calm and composed in times of uncertainty and stress.
Your application has been successfully submitted.