Senior Medical Officer
Our Client is looking for an experienced medical officer who is equipped with adequate surgical skills. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality healthcare services to all patients. He is also expected to participate in developing, implementing, and evaluating the medical practice delivery model in accordance with the goals of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Diagnose a patient's condition and prescribe treatments like antibiotics, diets, and sedatives for both before and after the operation and help the patient in getting their bodily functions restored.
2. Diagnose internal injuries and diseases and prescribe medication or surgery.
3. Perform examinations to confirm that patients are strong enough to undergo surgery, explain the procedures, and discuss the risks involved. Decide whether surgery is warranted, based on the patient's records, tests, and examinations.
4. Review test results with patients and families to report findings and identify any abnormalities.
5. Provide palliative care and pain management as well as counseling and support for end-of-life decisions
6. Analyse the medical history and records of the patients and plan the best procedure for treatment, taking into account the allergies and medical condition of the patient.
7. Monitor the patient's health condition after surgery or treatment by coordinating follow-up meetings with the patient.
8. Provide an explanation of medical procedures and care plans to patients and their families
9. Provide medical and scientific input to support product development teams.
10. Keep abreast of all medical regulations and advises the management team on changes and required action.
11. Attend departmental meetings and professional training sessions as requested
12. Do other things as instructed by the medical director from time to time
• A Degree in Medicine with related specialization.
- You should possess a relevant Practicing License Certified member of the recognized professional body of medical practitioners (MDCN).
• At least 7 years' experience in medical practice preferably in a busy healthcare facility.
• Hands-on experience in performing surgical procedures is a must.
Knowledge and skills requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Good negotiation skills - A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace.
- You should be a people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style, and commitment to getting the job done.
- Ability to dispassionately challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Effective delegator of duties to achieve results.
- Ability to multitask and function in a high-pressure environment
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
• Very attractive package with conducive accommodation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.