Deputy Chief Financial Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The role is mainly to oversee all company financial activities, income statements, training the team, budgeting, settlements, and disbursements, managing risk, implementing standards, policies, and improving financial processes.
- Maintaining an effective, efficient, reliable - error and fraud free Accounting system with necessary checks and balances.
- Providing guidance and advice on the company’s funding strategy and driving funding and capital raising initiatives both short and long-term funds.
- Advising on the company’s investment strategy including existing business expansion, new business opportunities, asset sale and exit from unviable businesses.
- Carrying our regular review of the profitability, viability and competitiveness of existing business units within the group and among their locational peers as well as advising on the reallocation of economic and other resources, including human capital to optimize the company’s economic value.
- Managing the company’s Taxation and other Regulatory obligations to ensure full compliance with all regulatory duties at the lowest possible cost.
- Working with other key Management staff to seek for new business opportunities, prepare financial, commercial & technical bids where required and follow through to ensure success in all such bids.
- Attending to other Management roles that may be assigned to you by the Managing Director.
- Supervise the Head of Financial Control
- Proven 5+ years experience as a financial officer or relevant role
- Broad knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Proficient in the use Accounting softwares (e.g. SAP, SAGE)
- Strong analytical and statistical attitude
- CFA is a strong advantage
- MSc/MBA in Finance or relevant field is a plus
- Industry experience from the oil and gas sector is an added advantage
Your application has been successfully submitted.